Monday, June 26, 2006


INTANGIBLE, TANGIBLE

Those exquisite memories could never be bought nor exchanged. Those moments with the chosen companion. Do I miss them? Shrugs. Do I treasure them? Definitely. Both the stupendous and dreadful moments I had.

Jasmine Tan Hui Yu. The first girl I'm interested at. The first girl to be in a relationship with. The only one which our future was planned. To the extent of marriage. The only one I never argued or quarreled with. The only one whom I will fear losing. Which I did. Got to know her though a movie outing organised by friends from #action^woosh. Chng was there too ^^. Caught the Rat Race at lido. That was where I first saw her. Love at first sight? I dont know. But I did became nervous and blush whenever I talk to her. I knew I wanted her as my girlfriend. Sorry I was only Secondary One then. I stayed away from her. I hide behind Chng. And I always steal quick glances at her whenever I can. Irc was the in thing back then. Got her number a few days later through it in action^woosh. She was the channel's owner. We exchanged text messages daily for a year. Bills would hit from a range of 60 to 90. My mum would rant at me yet I could't stop. Those chats with her are wonderful. Simple words could make my go crazy laughing dude or teary down child. Valentines and I got her a doggie designed necklace. It cost close to 50 bucks! Hell how did I get that amount of money back then. Had our second movie outing on the day itself. This time with a smaller group of friends and Chng wasnt included. It was raining in the morning and I was partly drenched. In the cinema it was cold. I sat beside her and she lent me her sweater. Wow. I was so frozen I kept quiet through out the movie. Mid way she text me why aint I saying anything. I turn, smiled, blushed and quickly turn back to watch the movie. What I got for Valentines? A small teddy bear. Shut up but yeah I brought it to school everyday since then. I dont know why but it did happened. Towards the end she had to fly to China for a student exchange trip. She brought, picked, a stone from China for me. Cheap yeah but I didnt mind. To me it was a treasure. I kept it in my pencil case and again I brought it to school everyday. Up to now I still have the stone in my drawers. I know where it is okay. For a moment things wasnt going so well between us. We seem to be drifting apart. I feared of losing her forever. I turn to her bestfriend for help. She told me to open up things with her. Tell her that I'm interested in her. Through irc I did it. Jasmine, I like you. Erm, I kinda have feelings for you too. So do you wanna take a step forward? Being more than friends? Erm I need time to think about it. Can you give me time to decide? The following next day I woke up recieving the best message I've ever got. We've been together for a year and things are working out fine between us. I think its alright to try the next step you said. Being together. I almost broke the computer monitor out of joy. But I had to leave for a ncc camp the following day. It was at ubin and there's no reception there. I endured five days without talking to her. It was terrible. I went hysterical. I came back, back to hear her sweet comforting voice, asking am I alright. No. I missed you. Terribly. Nah I didnt say those to her. I was still feeling awkward and shy. Had our first date after awhile. To study together at a library for our exams. Was rather a silence date. Went to aljunied library as its her favourite library to go to. I didnt not hold her hand. Neither did I kiss her. One of the few sentences I spoke to her was have you eaten? What the fuck. We broke up one week after the date. Because her mother found out about the relationship. Is it true? I'll never know. For sure she's the only one worth remembering. I did. I want to.

i hope that you're flattered.
cause you broke this down.
the best thing that you never had.


thankyou.
3:13:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

alison

ashley

cheryl

eehwa

estella

fengzheng

ivan

james

jane

janice

jasmine

jiaying

joan

keat

larrina

meizhen

nelson

nicodemus

pravin

sadrina

sarah/sophia

shaleen